Feeding our Maremma Sheepdogs
- We feed Diamond Natural All Life Stages to all of our Maremmas, puppies and adults. It’s a 5 Star Food on Dog Food Advisor.
- We also feed raw goat milk from our dairy goats and raw, farm fresh eggs from our free range chickens.
- We utilize and recommend Dog Food Advisor - a great resource that reviews hundreds of dog food brands. This is our go to website for helping us research and choose the best food for our dogs.
- Adding a Probiotic to your dog's diet is always a good idea, especially when transitioning to a new home and a new food.
- Pumpkin is great for adding to your dog's food to firm things up!
- Pureed meat baby food or canned puppy food are good for enticing a dog with an upset tummy to eat.
- We feed our dogs fresh, raw goat milk. If you don't have a source for that then you can always try store bought. It won't be as good as fresh but it does have benefits.
- Kaolin Pectate is good to add to the food to firm things up.